Experience with payment

Question

Here is an unusual situation to umpiring but looking for input from the collective.  For many years our summer baseball has been a pay at the plate situation. Many of the summer league teams are school affiliated.   Because of some recent "events" involving non baseball booster clubs, these clubs are now facing more scrutiny, including wanting receipts for umpire payment.

I am thinking of ideas and ways to handle this new situation as I have previously just done assigning for the leagues for a nominal amount

Ideas

1.  Have league (ie Legion, AABC) make payments by invoicing league

2.  Use Refpay or some similar mechanism and raise league costs to cover, in this case do you get money to cover umpires up front and draw down account

3.  Print up business size cards to act as receipts that can be quickly given

Other ideas??

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

League pays association. Association pays umpires. Simple. I'd add a dollar or two per ump per game to cover administrative costs. Then, at the end of the season, have an association bbq on the leagu

4 answers to this question

League pays association. Association pays umpires. Simple. I'd add a dollar or two per ump per game to cover administrative costs. Then, at the end of the season, have an association bbq on the league's dime. :D

• Like 1

League pays association. Association pays umpires. Simple. I'd add a dollar or two per ump per game to cover administrative costs. Then, at the end of the season, have an association bbq on the league's dime. :D

That last part sounds cool, half out umps are rednecks so that would be an entertaining bbq to be at
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Mad Mike
      Our Association is looking for some new ways to collect dues besides taking cash or checks. We are looking into trying to find ways to either take credit/debit cards or peer-to-peer apps like Venmo to pay dues. If any of you have any experience with what works well beyond taking cash and checks, please let me know what type of method(s) have worked well (including those that haven't worked so well). We want to find something that will work for the vast majority of officials, including those who are not technically savvy.

• By Jdc03270
      Saving money is great! In order to save everyone on this site a few bucks when selling gear. Please consider using:
      www.pirateship.com  
      - Just create a free account and buy postage online
      - This site gives you a way better rate than going into the postoffice and buying postage there.

(I am in no way making any $ by telling you or having anyone use this site to buy postage)

Enjoy!
      Justin