Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4801 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Had my 1st ejection since 2007 season. After a close play at the plate in which runner was out sliding into home (I was base umpire) 3rd base coach starts screaming from the coaches box. Then he walks down to tell PU that it was a horse sh!t call! ! As he is walking back to coaches box he turns to his bench and screams that's why next time you F'n run that catcher over! ! You F'n hurt him next time! ! I then yell over coach you are gone! ! Long story short as a little more went on. This coach has a history from what I know. It was 15u travel team. But he had to go! ! :angry:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Posted

Do they even allow running the catcher over in your "league"?  If not, now he's looking to get his players ejected as well.

Posted

It bothers me that both teams parents were ok with this.  I'm assuming that of course, but often want to look into the stands and say "did you hear that?" That's inciting if I ever heard it and he shouldnt be allowed to coach.  EVER. 

  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Yes it was. :wave:

Too funny!  I did a DH with him and he was telling me the same story.  Those 2 teams met again 1st round of the playoffs, I did the game with Alfredo...no fireworks at that one thankfully.

  • Like 1
Posted

The obvious question is why didn't the PU get him already?

Kind of depends on what the coach was yelling from the coaches box. I wouldn't eject a coach if he told me it was a horsepoop call, as long as just the two of us heard it. But the comments he made while walking away made it a no brainer toss.

Tim

Posted

 

Yes it was. :wave:

Too funny!  I did a DH with him and he was telling me the same story.  Those 2 teams met again 1st round of the playoffs, I did the game with Alfredo...no fireworks at that one thankfully.

 

I had that team the week prior to this incident and had to put them in there place. From what I hear they bitch and moan during every game. They are the epitamy of "DADDY COACHES!!!!!" The coach I ran makes a comment after I toss him " In all my 17 years in baseball this is horseSH*#!!" I then say to him " I agree!! in my 27 years of umpiring I have never seen such nonsense!! " He stops stares doesn't know what to say and continues his long treck to shower time!!

  • Like 1
Posted

I had that team the week prior to this incident and had to put them in there place. From what I hear they bitch and moan during every game. They are the epitamy of "DADDY COACHES!!!!!" The coach I ran makes a comment after I toss him " In all my 17 years in baseball this is horseSH*#!!" I then say to him " I agree!! in my 27 years of umpiring I have never seen such nonsense!! " He stops stares doesn't know what to say and continues his long treck to shower time!!

I've not had to use that little trick in a game, but I use it quite a bit in my so-called "real job": agree with the "unfair"/"not right"/"stupid" part but turn it around to apply to them. They have no idea what to say to that, and almost always derails their argument.

I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

×
×
  • Create New...