Pony Plate

mstaylor
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3997 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

A fairly tame war story but, I was on the plate last night in a wooden bat double. HT is up 10-0 going into the fifth, all they need is three outs. VT comes up and scores four or five runs. I ended the inning with a called strike on the knees, middle of the plate. The games are 2 hour drop dead. A parent says, "I guess he wants to get it done!" It is a two hour time limit, I am there for two hours,ten runs or seven innings. What do I care who wins?  :Facepalm: 

• Like 3

Had a fun one last night, I am the BU, LL Juniors game and two parents start jawing at each other, just chippy at first then the cussing starts.  Not sure if my partner is aware of what is happening behind him but I call TO and head towards the HT dugout to talk to the HC.  As I make my way there the main instigator basically challenges parent 2 to a fight so I look at HC, tell him that this guy has to go and HC instructs the guy to leave.  Which he does but all the while cussing me as he heads to the lot.  Parents never cease to amaze me!

Had a fun one last night, I am the BU, LL Juniors game and two parents start jawing at each other, just chippy at first then the cussing starts.  Not sure if my partner is aware of what is happening behind him but I call TO and head towards the HT dugout to talk to the HC.  As I make my way there the main instigator basically challenges parent 2 to a fight so I look at HC, tell him that this guy has to go and HC instructs the guy to leave.  Which he does but all the while cussing me as he heads to the lot.  Parents never cease to amaze me!

" .......I don't know what happened to my sweet little son, ...he used to be such a good kid and now he's nothing but a hell raiser?! " .............

I wonder why there Mr. Super-Parent? :shakehead:  :no:

• Like 1

Grandson's last rec game of the year.

8U Hybrid under modified USSSA rules.

My wife drove us to the park, we set up comfy chairs and I am in shorts, t-shirt and trainers.

NO Umpires show up. (You know where this is going)

Sure enough grandsons coach drafts me.

No gear SO I do the best I can, wait for it, behind the mound.

Big issue was this coach insists that players rotate positions every inning.

My grandson can pitch! His mother was a 4 year starter at Florida State.

She is 6' 4', husband is 6'8". I am 6' 8" and this kid is 8 and already 5' 1'.

My daughter works with him 5 days a week on pitching in the back yard that has a batting cage, pitching mound with plate and back stop (Hard core family)

3rd inning the coach forgets and puts my grandson in to pitch.

Strikes out the side in the 3rd and 4th innings on 21 pitches total.

I go to his coach and state " get him out of there!"

No much pressure on me!

Thankfully his team lost 6-7