Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4882 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I had been out of umpiring for 8 years whle traveling the S.E. and Caribbean on various construction projects . I started again 3 years ago doing rec-league baseball and baseball/fastpitch tournaments . The past two years, I registered with FHSAA and resumed calling varsity with a little Juco thrown in .

Luckily , I had kept all my equiptment in storage ,so I didn't have to start all over . I had an old WV Platinum and shins , wilson dynalite mask , and old school Gerry Davis patent leather plate shoes . Last year I spent a lot of money on FHSAA uniforms and the various rainbow colored shirts now worn in tournaments . I also discovered Umpire Empire and that is where you guys come in . I read all the posts and reviews on equiptment and put a lot of this year's high school pay into upgrades . I now own a Wilson Titanium mask , Douglas 15" CP , Douglas 18" shin guards , NB 460 plate shoes and 2 pairs each of UA poly-wool plate and base pants that are are being hemmed as I write this . Thanks again for all of your imput ! I really mean it ! Stan

Posted

I had been out of umpiring for 8 years whle traveling the S.E. and Caribbean on various construction projects . I started again 3 years ago doing rec-league baseball and baseball/fastpitch tournaments . The past two years, I registered with FHSAA and resumed calling varsity with a little Juco thrown in .

Luckily , I had kept all my equiptment in storage ,so I didn't have to start all over . I had an old WV Platinum and shins , wilson dynalite mask , and old school Gerry Davis patent leather plate shoes . Last year I spent a lot of money on FHSAA uniforms and the various rainbow colored shirts now worn in tournaments . I also discovered Umpire Empire and that is where you guys come in . I read all the posts and reviews on equiptment and put a lot of this year's high school pay into upgrades . I now own a Wilson Titanium mask , Douglas 15" CP , Douglas 18" shin guards , NB 460 plate shoes and 2 pairs each of UA poly-wool plate and base pants that are are being hemmed as I write this . Thanks again for all of your imput ! I really mean it ! Stan

Good for you using the best gear possible!

Posted

You know your in trouble when you spend more on your gear than you do on your civies!

Posted

I've now worn my new gear for 16 games . The Douglas CP is great , low profile , and no belly shots . The Douglas shins are like tanks very well padded and light for triple knee . The NB plate shoes are light and very comfortable . The UA poly-wools are heaven . Now I understand all the fuss about poly-wools . Thanks again guys !

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...