Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4925 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all,


I got a West Vest Platinum this off season.  So far I like how it feels, mostly.  I've gotten it adjusted so it sits high enough I think.  It was initially rubbing a LOT around my neck, but since I've gotten it where I don't notice that by getting it tighter and higher, and it doesn't move much, feels good.

 

I have one problem with it.  I'm 5'8, 175-185.  I have the smaller WV.  I have large shirts and large jackets I wear when I'm behind the plate.  The shirts are HARD to get on, and my jacket is damn near impossible.  They both get caught up on the shoulder pads.  When they are on, they fit fine though.  I've got room all around, so I don't think I've got the wrong size.  Any ideas/tips/suggestions??

 

Thanks!

  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

What I do, not sure if this will help you though. I put a compression shirt over my chest protector then put on my shirt. The compression shirt allows the shirt to slide right over and I don't have to worry about my shirt snagging on the t-hooks. Also, I am a fan of the look because I don't have that huge gray pad hanging out of my shirt.

Posted

I had a M-L WVG, I am the same height and weight as you. I wore XL shirts and jackets with this rig. I found it easier to put the shirt on the CP then put them on at the same time. Similar to football pads.

Posted

I have the same problem with my jacket or Honig's shirts. My Honigs do not stretch so I only buy majestic or smitty's shirts. They stretch so one size fits all. I need a larger jacket. Damn near pull a muscle putting it on.


×
×
  • Create New...