Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4975 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I got the email as well today. Browsing the site, I just cannot find anything I cannot live without.

 

I wish Gerry Davis would do this. They are the only ones that sell the metal balls on top 3/2/2 indicators. I hate paying shipping on an indicator.

Posted

Took advantage, have to do nothing special.  Just order and the shipping comes to zero.  Real useful if buying heavy stuff (shoes, CPs, Shins, Masks) that shipping adds up quick.

Posted (edited)

I noticed that. I was pointed to Homerun Monkey. They have the same metal indicator as the Davis...with Diamond branding for 7.99. Cheaper than Davis but not where the price was the last time I bought some. They also price match plus 5% more off...so I had them match baseball savings price on the majestic cool base convertible jacket. They also have a good price on Smitty shirts. So I was able to kill three birds with one shipping stone and get the lowest prices around.

I am pleased. If UA would pick up the metal 3/2/2 indicators I could use them for everything....are you listening Jim.

Shipping kills us in the officiating world.

Update: the order I placed last night about 8pm shipped out today. Homerun Monkey also handled a question over the phone very efficiently.

Edited by slo8140
Posted

Another update FYI

 

I got my Homerun Monkey order last night. The indicators that I received were not balls on top as the picture on their site showed. They were strikes on top. The indicator appears to be exactly the same as the Gerry Davis ones I have used for years, just with the balls and strikes reversed.

 

They are branded with a diamond logo, so I guess diamond changed how they made them. Homerun Monkey is going to fix me up with a return label. Kind of disappointed, but it was probably a minor change to them that no one caught, but to us umpires it would be a pretty major change.

 

Just placed an order with Gerry Davis for some with balls actually on top. The handful I ordered should last me for years to come.


×
×
  • Create New...