Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Cooperstown Umpire Needed - 6/29/13

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kelly
      Fun and experienced CDP umpire is looking to represent your team in Cooperstown at Cooperstown Dreams Park  during week 7. Please know that I am willing to help answer any questions or help in any way that your team needs. This is a once in a lifetime experience, and I’m happy to do anything that I can to help your team achieve that.
      I can be reached at: (630) 881-0151 or through email: kellyallred@sbcglobal.net
      I look forward to speaking with you.
    • By Thawk
      If your team is attending Cooperstown Dream Park for Week 9 for 2020(Aug 1 – Aug 7), I'd be honored to represent your team as your sponsored umpire! I've been attending CDP since 2015. My costs are low because I am within driving distance, and I think that my sponsorship fee would be well within your team's budget. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me at mxtthawk751@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    • By Umpirechick1
      I just returned from Cooperstown Dreams Park week 12, and it was another great week.  I had an amazing crew to work with, and enjoyed myself all week - well, except for the ugly bicep bruise I have from a 60 mph inside fast ball that the catcher never touched.  Wednesday night, the assignments were given out for Thursday's play off games and when I saw my name listed for plate in the championship game, I thought I might fall over.  It might only be "12 year old baseball" to some people, but at that park, in that setting, it's a big deal.  They put on quite the production for the final game, and I was a bundle of nerves off and on during the day.  Pre-game on the field involves fireworks, announcing of the umpires, the players, and the national anthem - for which I had to carry the flag out behind 2nd base and not move while it was sung.  (I was just hoping I wouldn't trip on the walk out there!!) 

Once I put the ball in play, all was good.  I kept the generous strike zone that I'd had all week (which I was instructed to have) and things rolled along.  We had the #1 and #2 seeded teams playing, so it was a good game.  We had several home runs, some good defensive plays and then the #1 seed broke it wide open in the 5th.  The only thing that I regret is the fact that with 2 outs in the top of the 6th, the catcher missed a 76 mph fast ball ball and I took it straight on the upper thigh.  The next pitch was a strike and the game was over, but the bruise from that pitch will remain with me for a week or two.
      Watching the replay of the game is interesting, mostly because the announcers annoy me.  It's weird watching myself call a game, but to listen to guys second guess your strike zone is not fun.  However, when I hear the comment "She's the most consistent plate umpire we've had all summer", I'll take it.    The fact that they said it more than once is even better.  
    • By MadMax
      Week 5, June 28th-July 3rd, 2014

I (@MadMax) will be a Crew Chief with my crew on Field 1. Tune in if you wish.