Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5164 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Over the next week my schedule is like this:

***Saturday - 1 12U and 2 13U USSSA Games - I have last Plate

***Sunday - 2 Adult games - 1 Plate

***Tuesday - 2 13U USSSA Western World Series Games - Both Plates

Wednesday - 2 13U USSSA Western World Series Games - Both Bases - With a good partner

***Friday - 2 13U USSSA Western World Series Games - Both Bases

*** Indicates my partner is a Friend named Chuck.

11 games and 9 of them with my Buddy Chuck :beerbang:hi5:

Looks like I will be sending more time with Chuck this next week then my wife.

SWMBO wants a good part of my game fees from the week in Spousal Support since I am spending more time with Chuck then her. :big_no :crybaby2:

Posted

Over the next week my schedule is like this:

***Saturday - 1 12U and 2 13U USSSA Games - I have last Plate

***Sunday - 2 Adult games - 1 Plate

***Tuesday - 2 13U USSSA Western World Series Games - Both Plates

Wednesday - 2 13U USSSA Western World Series Games - Both Bases - With a good partner

***Friday - 2 13U USSSA Western World Series Games - Both Bases

*** Indicates my partner is a Friend named Chuck.

11 games and 9 of them with my Buddy Chuck :beerbang:hi5:

Looks like I will be sending more time with Chuck this next week then my wife.

SWMBO wants a good part of my game fees from the week in Spousal Support since I am spending more time with Chuck then her. :big_no:crybaby2:

I know the feeling. SWMBO has her hand out Sunday nights when I get home from tourneys that pay cash. Yesterday she asked for my RefPay info :big_no:
Posted

I've been married 16 years and I've never been asked for a game check. Could be because I handle all the family finances, I guess.

Posted

I have always handled my business and umpiring money, my wife does all the personal finances. I keep a certain amount and give her the rest.

Posted

I have always handled my business and umpiring money, my wife does all the personal finances. I keep a certain amount and give her the rest.

We set aside 50-75% of my earnings for vacations. She makes SURE we go on good ones! She gets the $ as soon as I get home and puts it up. She wants Punta Cana, DR this year
  • Like 1
Posted

We're doing that now Trout to take my daughter on her first trip to Disneyland over Thanksgiving.

Usually I just stash my officiating earnings in our savings account and use some as needed for business expenses.

  • Like 1
Posted

We're doing that now Trout to take my daughter on her first trip to Disneyland over Thanksgiving.

Usually I just stash my officiating earnings in our savings account and use some as needed for business expenses.

My wife told me this evening we are sending my daughter back to Spain over Christmas holidays. She was foreign exchange student there last year, and her hosts sent their son in reciprocal exchange. Alejandro flew in from Madrid last week to spend a month vacation with us, so we are sending our daughter back to Madrid to spend holidays with them. That should eat up MY vacation savings :( but my baby girl is worth it.
Posted

Most of my summer tournament game fees are paying for our trip to Tampa Bay and Daytona Beach that we leave for on Thursday. My girlfriend and I live together and I handle our finances, so all my checks go straight to the bank. I actually plan on proposing on our trip (in the plane on the way down there)....thought that might be a little more original and creative than on the beach. Wish me luck!

Posted

Confuscious say - A fool and his bachelorhood are soon parted

Just kidding...... Maybe....

January 13th will be 20 years for me. Hope y'all last 3x that long. Best of luck and all that.

Posted

Confuscious say - A fool and his bachelorhood are soon parted

Just kidding...... Maybe....

January 13th will be 20 years for me. Hope y'all last 3x that long. Best of luck and all that.

You were 12 when you got married ?

Posted

Confuscious say - A fool and his bachelorhood are soon parted

Just kidding...... Maybe....

January 13th will be 20 years for me. Hope y'all last 3x that long. Best of luck and all that.

You were 12 when you got married ?

close!
Posted

Confuscious say - A fool and his bachelorhood are soon parted

Just kidding...... Maybe....

January 13th will be 20 years for me. Hope y'all last 3x that long. Best of luck and all that.

You were 12 when you got married ?

close!

You can marry young in them back swamps of Bama as long as it is a 3rd Cousin or more distant. :nod:

Posted

:spit:

I highly recommend marriage, it's about as long as a life sentence in prison but at least you get a more comfortable bed (or so I hear).

Posted

We're doing that now Trout to take my daughter on her first trip to Disneyland over Thanksgiving.

Usually I just stash my officiating earnings in our savings account and use some as needed for business expenses.

Your kid is really young, right?

Remember the wisdom of Robin Williams -- "Mickey Mouse to a three year old is a six-feet **** rat."

Posted

Your kid is really young, right?

Remember the wisdom of Robin Williams -- "Mickey Mouse to a three year old is a six-feet **** rat."

Yes she is, she'll almost be 2 when we go. Though so far she does seem to like seeing the characters at places like the zoo, this is a mission to keep peace with the head of household. :meditation:

  • 2 weeks later...
×
×
  • Create New...