Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5242 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

My season for High School is over. I really enjoyed my first year of umpiring...Met and worked with some good guys, made some new friends....Got assigned to work my first Varsity game (Bases) about two weeks ago....Bummed it is over, but hopefully will be doing some Travel Team Tournaments and High School Summer League games. The best thing, however, is that with my "Ump Money"....Bought a new Traeger Wood Pellet BBQ Grill!!!

Posted

My season for High School is over. I really enjoyed my first year of umpiring...Met and worked with some good guys, made some new friends....Got assigned to work my first Varsity game (Bases) about two weeks ago....Bummed it is over, but hopefully will be doing some Travel Team Tournaments and High School Summer League games. The best thing, however, is that with my "Ump Money"....Bought a new Traeger Wood Pellet BBQ Grill!!!

When are you BBQing, I will drive up LOL

My first summer league game is 3 weeks from today.

Stay cool up there in Bakersfield. :spit:

  • Like 1
Posted

My HS season has been over for a couple of weeks. Been doing some Rec Ball and Travel. My Blood Pressure has increased since stated doing Rec ball again.

No ejections in 2 years of HS Games. Already had 1 in a Rec ball softball game the other day.

Posted

I'm 99% sure my HS season is done. I has one playoff game for a private school district where we worked 3 man. My first real 3 man game in a few years.

I worked with a current D-I guy and a more senior guy who formerly did D-I. After the game I asked if I looked like a fish out of water. One of the guys replied, "No, you looked like an amphibian who was searching really hard for some water." :rollinglaugh:

The public schools in my area should have finished up their regular seasons, but I don't think I'm going to see any action in those games, if I haven't been assigned yet.

  • Like 2
Posted

Scott, glad to hear you had a great first season. Should be plenty of "summer ball" around (i.e. Babe Ruth,Cal Ripken,etc.) Here in Fresno there are lots of travel ball tournaments too. Then there is "fall ball" until October or so. Find a game somewhere and chances are, they'll be looking for am umpire.

ps. If Lou is coming up for a BBQ, I'll swing in too! Chips & salsa?

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Used my Traeger Grill now about 5-6 times...This thing is awesome! I highly recommend saving your game checks and buying one of these things!!! :beerbang :rock

Posted

BBQ is something you eat not do! :angel4: Preferably Pork! :nod:

×
×
  • Create New...