Mask Refubishment??!!

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4353 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will send my Champro Mag to you the same time as Rolando! I've got several masks so I can send mine when he sends his.

Ok, I have checked in to this and it looks like if we wash it well and preheat it in the oven for about 20 mins before applying the powder it will be fine but I don't know if you want to chance it or not.

I'm ready to do some masks but we are so busy it may be a few weeks to turn them around and get them sent out. I would need a return label sent with the mask so I could get it back to yall. Let me know.

Here is my sons mask I did yesterday. The red is not a perfect match but we were already running this color and he wanted it red so there it is...

564d4db7.jpg

That's what I want done right there. My mizuno is at the post office right now...I don't want navy...but I think we can make something like this work...

We'll have to see...I don't know what to expect...all of my order confirmations and other emails from them have been in japanese

All I can say is that the shipping was super-fast coming from Japan.

So can I send you my Champro mask?

Ok, the deal on your mask is. We would blast it to get everything off of it. I would like to blast everyonce masks with plastic because the sand does take some material away and I don't want to compromise anyone mask safety. The next step would be to wash it very well with the charged water and then hang the masks on our racks. The extra step we would have to do on this is put it in the oven and try to get any gases out. Manganese is a very poris steel and we would want to bake it I dry it out then we would put the powder on it and bake it again.

I'm ready when you are ready!!!

So can I send you my Champro mask?

PM me shipping details.

Ok, the deal on your mask is. We would blast it to get everything off of it. I would like to blast everyonce masks with plastic because the sand does take some material away and I don't want to compromise anyone mask safety. The next step would be to wash it very well with the charged water and then hang the masks on our racks. The extra step we would have to do on this is put it in the oven and try to get any gases out. Manganese is a very poris steel and we would want to bake it I dry it out then we would put the powder on it and bake it again.

I'm ready when you are ready!!!

Cajun, can you do the same with my spider web throat guard? Ideally, I'd like it to closely resemble my Wilson Titanium frame.

I would have to see it to match it.

Not sure if my last PM went though.

Send me shipping details. Please

Cajun, can you do the same with my spider web throat guard? Ideally, I'd like it to closely resemble my Wilson Titanium frame.

I would have to see it to match it.

I understand that. It does have that coating on it like some of the other masks that are out there. That would have to go first.

In every town/city is a powder coat shop. You can avoid all the shipping mess and just find a local guy .......

That is true, if they will do it. The only reason my shop is doing these masks is because I work here and I told the owner it would not effect any production runs.

In every town/city is a powder coat shop. You can avoid all the shipping mess and just find a local guy .......

Not all will do it. Plus I like to support a fellow Umpire!