Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5915 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I run the MVP2200AL. I got one of the last ones honigs had. I ran this mask for almost 7 years before too. The new MVP's are amazing masks but they have one MAJOR ISSUE. They are so narrow if you wear Oakley's pro m or m frames they will not fit in the narrow mask. I really wanted the 4000 TI but I couldn't get my sunglasses in them.

Wanna know a trick for this? Run the straps which attach to the back plate around the outside of the mask... instead of going through it. This will give you a bit more room for when you take the mask on and off. There are a couple catchers who wear our 4000TI, that also wear sunglasses, and this was the solution for them too.

Hope this helps! If you want some images or a better description about what i'm talking about, shoot me a PM!

-Brad

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

I run the MVP2200AL. I got one of the last ones honigs had. I ran this mask for almost 7 years before too. The new MVP's are amazing masks but they have one MAJOR ISSUE. They are so narrow if you wear Oakley's pro m or m frames they will not fit in the narrow mask. I really wanted the 4000 TI but I couldn't get my sunglasses in them.

Wanna know a trick for this? Run the straps which attach to the back plate around the outside of the mask... instead of going through it. This will give you a bit more room for when you take the mask on and off. There are a couple catchers who wear our 4000TI, that also wear sunglasses, and this was the solution for them too.

Hope this helps! If you want some images or a better description about what i'm talking about, shoot me a PM!

-Brad

DAWG.....

JD....same issue I had.....and I'm kicking my own ARRSSS that I didn't "re-arrange" the straps on the side as Brad said....I've pretty much done my own customizing on my old 2200 and one or two on the new 2500....but HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THIS?

Brad...those side straps might not be long enough to do that....THAT'S why.

I thought those straps, and the nylon on on TOP could be a little longer so I went to the fabric store, bought some 1" X however long you want it elasticized waist band material, and made my straps longer....hell we can trim them back anyway...BURN the edge so it tightens up and not fray...change the top strap to an elasticized one as well.

NOW bucket goes on and off with EXTREME ease....

Now after buying some BULLDOG shaded safety glasses that are FLAT as all get out on the sides...cheap as heck on ebay too.....I'll try changing the straps over as well.....it may eliminate the occasional "rubbing" of the strap on the ears.

Scuzz

Edited to add;

"YOU BAT RASTARD"

Brad....moving those straps from inside out works like a "BAASHTAAD".

Sorry guys, Brad and I are from the same area...I'm going phonetic for the populace....

JD...the inside outside changeover should work....but I'm still not sure you have enough strap....since my previously noted "customize" of the straps...I have about a 1/2 in of leftover beyond the buckle....maybe because I've got a big freaking nugget....

Scuzz x 2

Edited by Scuzzyfeller

×
×
  • Create New...