CWS Umpire

dumbdumb
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5051 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few thoughts. Although I am not really worried and it doesn't really matter one bit, I was surprised Mr. Gonzales did not know that 96 umpires were selected to work the Regionals rather than 50. Once again no big deal. The biggest thing that struck me though, and I have to admit I dropped the ball on this one, is the fact they do not let the CWS guys work a Super. I thought College worked a "true merit system" which is what everyone says MLB should do, where the top umpires should work all 3 events. The top 96 the Regionals, the top 32 out of that, the Supers and the top 8 out of those, the CWS. None of this sharing or getting future umpires prepared, or working to many pressure games in a short period crap, would pass muster with the "merit" crowd. Guess Collegiate thinks along the lines of MLB.

And of course it goes without saying, a big congratulations to Mr. Gonzales.

Mr. Gonzales is working his first plate game and is in a rain delay in the South Carolina vs. Oklahoma game with the score 3-2 in favor of Oklahoma in the bottom of the 6th.

Edited by dumbdumb

Just a few thoughts. Although I am not really worried and it doesn't really matter one bit, I was surprised Mr. Gonzales did not know that 96 umpires were selected to work the Regionals rather than 50. Once again no big deal. The biggest thing that struck me though, and I have to admit I dropped the ball on this one, is the fact they do not let the CWS guys work a Super. I thought College worked a "true merit system" which is what everyone says MLB should do, where the top umpires should work all 3 events. The top 96 the Regionals, the top 32 out of that, the Supers and the top 8 out of those, the CWS. None of this sharing or getting future umpires prepared, or working to many pressure games in a short period crap, would pass muster with the "merit" crowd. Guess Collegiate thinks along the lines of MLB.

And of course it goes without saying, a big congratulations to Mr. Gonzales.

the reason why is all of these guys were working all year, and the conference tournys take some time, most guys would be working all five weeks in a row if this happened. that is alot for some guys... I have meet 3 of the guys who are working the CWS this year.