Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5980 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So this is my third season umpiring, and I'll tell you that this season, at least for me, has been very eventful as far as what I have seen on the field. In a little over 30 games, I have had :

Inteference ( runner killed an F-4 while attempting to field ball and believe it or not it's the first time I've had this form of Int. )

Interference ( batter interfered with catchers throw, twice in same game )

Interference ( runner hit by batted ball )

Umpire's Interference ( Batted ball hits BU,first time I have ever seen that )

Catchers Interference

Obstruction ( a couple of cases )

Batters kept at plate because they leaned into a pitch

Batter hit on hands, but swung at pitch and struck out. Coach loved that one.

Batter avoiding wild pitch but ball hit bat and went fair.

Batter completely out of box on drag bunt attempt

Multiple balks

Several missed bases, with no appeal

Several appeals with no missed base

One coach ejected

Running lane violation

Illegal slide ( force play slide, got two outs )

And one really weird play

In two full seasons prior to this I haven't had all this happen, and this season is only half over.

Edited by carolinablue
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Actually they probably happened before, you are just now more aware and actually seeing them to call them.

Posted

Actually they probably happened before, you are just now more aware and actually seeing them to call them.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner, folks!

Posted

I think the biggest difference is that I am more confident and thus more relaxed on the field. I am not afraid to make the call and feel I am more prepared to answer the questions that go with it. Thanks alot to all you on Umpire Empire.:question1:


×
×
  • Create New...