Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6005 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, I am a female and umpire many levels of softball and my Honig's plate shoes have about had it after 3 seasons. I'd really like to try another brand, but the only ones that come small enough (6.5 in mens) are Honig's and 3n2s. I do not like the look of 3n2s, and the high top patents are too big around the ankles. I have also tried Spot-built (too heavy) and Tanels (too wide). Any body have any other thoughts or am I relegated to another pair of low rise regular leather Honig's?:wave:

Cindy

  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Welcome DiamondBlue!

I would give the folks at Ump-Attire a call. 877.243.1421

While your size may not be widely popular, some brand may actually make it, but the suppliers just choose not to order that size in fear of being stuck with them if they don't sell. I'm willing to bet that they would be able to tell you if there other options for you and maybe New Balance or Reebok make your size that they can place an order for. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Let us know how it goes I'm sure others have the same issue.

Posted

DiamondBlue,

Welcome to the site.

Regarding the shoes, call Ump-Attire as Warren mentioned...if there is anyone out there who can help, it's those folks. Might try Honig's as well...I've always had good service from them. Problem you are going to have right now is that most sizes are going to be out of stock for a while for almost all the suppliers, and as mentioned, if it's an off-size may take a while to get them in.

Have you looked at the Pentagon brand? I don't use them, but some of the guys I call with really like them.

I know of one guy in our org who has really small feet and was able to get a small size in the Reebok Field Magistrate...he really likes them, even though w/ that flap the shoes are about as wide as they are long! Not sure where he got them.

We've got a female ump in our org who is small in stature. I've got a game scheduled for tomorrow where she normally works...I'll see if I can get some more info for you from her or the guy mentioned above.

Posted

Diamondblue,

Not sure if you've had any luck w/ the shoes yet.

Ran into the guy today I mentioned. His Reeboks are 7.5 and he was able to get them with the help of Ump-Attire last year.

Did not see the female. I will see if I can get hold of her through our org.


×
×
  • Create New...