For those required to wear navy....

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4609 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, ...just noticed on Facebook .......... Jim Kirk has a new item.....

For those required to wear navy .... something "new" ...kind of ........

http://www.ump-attir...uct_Code=MJS1-N

yes jim kirk sells this navy shirt for only 35 bucks...go to baseball savings and u can buy the same shirt for 16.98 ..its only a savings of 18 bucks. other comparisons the diamond sivler mask for 59 bucks compared to 69 ump attire..happy savings and always shop around..the best deals are out there but some of these other retailers dont advertise as much as others...and im not being paid by baseball savings..lol..just like to let my fellow blue some good deals when i see them..btw i bought the diamond mask from baseball savings when they had a special 50.79 plus 6.99 shipping

Hey everyone, ...just noticed on Facebook .......... Jim Kirk has a new item.....

yes jim kirk sells this navy shirt for only 35 bucks...go to baseball savings and u can buy the same shirt for 16.98 ..its only a savings of 18 bucks. other comparisons the diamond sivler mask for 59 bucks compared to 69 ump attire..happy savings and always shop around..the best deals are out there but some of these other retailers dont advertise as much as others...and im not being paid by baseball savings..lol..just like to let my fellow blue some good deals when i see them..btw i bought the diamond mask from baseball savings when they had a special 50.79 plus 6.99 shipping

Look again. It's not the same shirt. (Deluxe Polo vs Cool Base Polo)

But you are correct. If BaseballSavings has what you are looking for, they are cheaper. But that is a big "if".

I think the shirt Jim is promoting on Facebook is different than what baseball savings sells. The new one at ump-attire says it is cool-base which sounds like it is made of the same fabric as the new black and light blue ones the MLB guys wear. I think Jim is selling a new version of the Navy shirt. It also appears that the trim has A break in it on the cuff like the new MLB shirts as well. Not 100 % on this, but that is what it appears to be.

sorry guys i thought they were the same shirt..if they are not my apologies again..i bought two of these shirts and am pleased with them..i like them better than my ump attire ultimate shirt..but the best bang for ur buck in my opinion is by far smittys

This year, I finished my first-ever high school season in which I did not have to wear navy even once. I will make it through this whole calendar year! I quit the Los Angeles high school unit and the one MSBL league that has a lot of still-wearing-navy guys. And I managed to talk two of my I-only-have-navy high school partners into borrowing a black one from me, rather than wearing navy (close calls, both). The summer wood bat leagues, winter club ball association, and MSBL league that I work don't even allow navy.

I did, however, have a high school playoff game with the crew chief being an old school guy who called for high school powder. It was brutal. Worst game of the year, by far. I hadn't had to wear that one in over a year. When I got home, I threw my powder into the corner of the closet. In the future, I'll just tell anyone who calls for it that I don't own one.

BTW, does anyone want to buy a pair of slightly used Honig's ball bags in that very attractive navy color?