Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5569 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just want to drop a note to say hello. I googled in "How to shine umpire plate shoes" and there you all were. I am going to get some "Srubbing Bubbles" shortly. I live in Texarkana, Texas and the heat has been brutal (around 103) for a few weeks. I call small college, High school (regional finals this year) and any other age from 9 up to Legion. Right now I am calling Legion. It is pretty hot in

this area and is like small college ball kids and high school all stars. Good ball. We have Dixie ball down here. Not great ball but I have a friend who runs the organization and they are having an All-Star tourny right now. He asked me if I would call 9-10 year olds because they had a few "bad apples" coaching teams who were pushing the summer ball umps around. I have really enjoyed watching the little kids. Not great ball but heck it is 9 year olds. Fortunately I have not seen any curve balls thrown. They pay umps pretty well in Texas but if the only reason a guy or gal calls ball is to make money, they probably ought to find something else to do. I have called for 20 years and look forward to reading posts from other umps in different parts of the country. We all have something we can learn from someone else and I am looking forward to getting some good tips.

Everything is bigger in Texas, including the screwups! Thanks to all.

  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic


×
×
  • Create New...