Jump to content

Finally, 50 Million people learned the hands are not part of the bat.


Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6286 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

For those of you who (heaven forbid) didn't watch the allstar game today, something notable happened in front of millions of viewers.

In the first, Jeter was struck in the hands by a high and tight Lincecum fastball and, OMG, received first base because, believe it or not, the hands are not part of the bat. Words can not express how happy I am that this occurred infront of a large television audience, and even more unbelievably, the FOX announcer (joe buck I assume) called it correctly and didn't try and say the hands are part of the bat.

I now have indisputable evidence to convince my coach that the hands are part of the bat, and now, millions of television viewers will cease to believe this myth. :wow:

  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I can't help but think we'll continue to hear this one forever.

and BTW I missed the all star game last night had a really good legion game then went home and crashed. Forgot to set the DVR up to record.

Posted

I can't help but think we'll continue to hear this one forever.

and BTW I missed the all star game last night had a really good legion game then went home and crashed. Forgot to set the DVR up to record.

I had an adult league game and missed it as well. However, I can't believe that Tim He-who-shall-not-be-named didn't give the umpires sh*t for the call even though it was right. :wow:

Posted

I was waiting for "Rules" He-who-shall-not-be-named to jump in with his vast knowledge about it, but he musta been in the can and (thankfully) missed it:clap:...I was actually surprised Buck "got it"..:angel4:

Posted (edited)

I saw it and was surprised it wasn't called a foul ball.. It haven't seen a MLB game which they've called something that close a hit pitch. Also the next day, sportscenter was saying the ball hit the butt of the bat.

Edited by Nate
Posted

It sounded like it caught at least some of the bat. Then again, it's the all-star game, so no one is going to come out and complain to the umpire about the call.

Posted

I saw it and was surprised it wasn't called a foul ball.. It haven't seen a MLB game which they've called something that close a hit pitch. Also the next day, sportscenter was saying the ball hit the butt of the ball.

This is what I thought, being a NL guy I felt we got ripped.

Posted

How many do you think actually thought that as soon as it happened?

They probably thought the ball hit his arm first. Or, they thought DeMuth missed it. Either way, they still don't believe the myth isn't true.

It will continue and you will hear it again. Even your coach may believe that DeMuth missed it.


×
×
  • Create New...