Jump to content

aiber

Inactive
  • Posts

    156
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aiber

  1. Runners on first and second. Ground ball to 3B. 3B steps on third and throws the ball out of play towards first. What bases are awarded?
  2. Trucking a catcher results in an out and ejection. That's easy. The situation I am talking about is more difficult to judge. He went in really hard and late and made contact right at the ankles. Also, since the runner is really fast, it looked bad.
  3. Last night during a HS game, play at the plate where catcher receives throw early for an easy call. However, the runner is really fast and slides in really late and hard, taking out the catcher (flipping him over). Catcher remains on ground and hurts ankle. Coach comes out complaining that runner should be ejected. I said, "Coach, I got nothing. There was no malicious contact." Anything in the rules about sliding in late into home?
  4. I am not as experienced as others on this site but I love my ALL STAR SYSTEM 7. I bought it for like $105 shipped from Homerunmonkey. They have sales all of the time.
  5. Really? Do not grant time for this purpose. As soon as you find out that it is a balls and strikes conversation order him back to the dugout immediately along with a "you can't come out here to talk balls and strikes, I need you to go back to the dugout now. This is your warning." Keep in mind that most times the umpire does not know the reason for the request.
  6. I would not say anything, turn around and put the ball back in play.
  7. Do you know what "tolerate" means? It doesn't mean that I don't like them? I love kids. I do not condone unacceptable behavior.
  8. Thanks for the advice. Being a high school principal, believe me I am thick skinned. I have to admit, though, that I do not tolerate ignorant people and statements very well. However, your point is duly noted.As a principal you probably wouldn't tell a parent who's in your office to shut up. When you post stuff on here, expect to get all feedback. In the end it helps all of us get better by talking through stuff on here so we can figure it out on the field. It will get better w/ experience. I think that it is well documented that I know that I should not have told the player to "shut up".
  9. Thanks for the advice. Being a high school principal, believe me I am thick skinned. I have to admit, though, that I do not tolerate ignorant people and statements very well. However, your point is duly noted.
  10. Maybe I was jogging maybe I was walking. Most of the time I jog. Point is....WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR QUESTION? You wanted to know whether I was walking or jogging???
  11. Does it make a difference? You sound like an idiot. I don't think the player asked me the question because I was walking.
  12. @aiber......Just out of curiosity, where were you between innings and what position was he playing? Was it before the inning? After F1 completed his warmup pitches? I was walking from C to shallow right field as I always do. He was the shortstop.
  13. Be reminded that all of you had time to process this in front of your monitor. I didn't have that luxury as the situation occurred. Of course, I shouldn't have said "shut up". But I did. I was wondering if the ejection was warranted. Thanks for your input.
  14. I think if you read the situation and the kid has calmed down and you really think he's not being a prick, then yes, I think it can work depending on the situation. He was really being a prick. I think that even if I don't tell him to "shut up" he still says what he said when he grounded out the second time.he was the shortstop and really whining about everything. Anyway, I don't feel so bad tossing him anymore.
  15. I agree with you.
  16. High School Game and I have the bases. Ground to 2B but close play and I call him out. Runner stops, looks at me and asks me, "Are you serious?"...I ignore him...he keeps on chirping throughout his team's AB and looking over at me from the dugout. The next half inning as he is taking his position he approaches me and asks, "Blue, was I really out?". I turn to him and say, "Shut up!" and he does. His next AB, he grounds out to third and the play was not close. Right after I call him out he says, "I made it easy for you". I toss him! Did I overreact?
  17. But I just want them (combos) for when I work travel ball tournaments and multiple games in a day. Are they good quality? why? I do summer ball tournaments all the time and change my pants ..... Convenience more than anything.
  18. But I just want them (combos) for when I work travel ball tournaments and multiple games in a day. Are they good quality?
  19. Link http://www.smitteez.com/index.php/products/charcoal-grey-umpire-combo-pants?gclid=Cj0KEQiApbunBRDs0fba3dz484cBEiQAMsx-p6AXacyZ07RM9scQwHyPykvAMva9O9zAZo1O9R6J0CkaAhcu8P8HAQ
  20. Looking for some pants for Travel Ball and found some Champro pants for $30 online. Any thoughts?
  21. Pregame. Always pregame. We "pre-gamed" but not about that particular situation.
  22. Just sharing this link to help. I bought the All-Star System 7 but this CP has some good reviews at a great price. http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/schutt-xv-baseball-umpire-chest-protector.html?CID=EMC-KWM
  23. Thanks for all of the info. Very helpful...we did not talk about it before the game. Also, I did not go out for the "trouble ball".
  24. 1). I am on the bases. HIGH SCHOOL. I have never worked with my partner. Two outs. Bases empty and the batter hits the ball into the right field gap. He rounds third and heads home. The throw comes to the catcher and the runner stops to return to third. The catcher throws to third and the 3B swipes and misses the tag. I call safe and the home plate umpire calls out. I turn around a go to my usual spot after an inning in shallow right field. The 3B coach goes ballistic and my partner stands his ground and calls him out. I felt embarrassed that we both made the call. A couple of innings go by and I approach him in between innings. I was going to tell him not to worry and we'll talk later. He has the audacity to say it was his call because it was the first throw???. WHAT????...there's no way he's correct right? 2). Different game, I am on the bases in a high school game. I have never worked with my partner. No outs and runner on second. Dropped third strike and I am in "c" position. The batter runner runs to first and I go towards first base and in for a better angle. Bang-Bang out call. The runner runs to third on the throw. Who's call is that? I think the plate umpire should've hustled to third and it is his call. Thank you for your input.
  25. It's a very demonstrative way of telling you and the world that you suck, and in the one subject that is almost totally verboten--balls and strikes. It's the baseball equivalent of giving you the finger and highlighting it with a neon arrow. The problem isn't that someone is emotional for a split second--it's that he chooses to show it in an inappropriate manner. I am going to bring it up during my next association meeting and am looking forward to learning how they feel. Perhaps everyone should. That would give notice of what type of association one has.[/ I asked during my association meeting last night and it was unanimous. EJECTION...
×
×
  • Create New...