Moved to PA

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3462 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

It's been a while since I've been on. The Lord called my family home to PA, Volunteered for only 3 games this fall, missing the grind a bit. I'm hoping to be welcomed as a member of the Bethlehem Umpires Association tomorrow evening when I'm presented to their board for consideration. 

Anybody connected with PIAA for umping High School baseball in PA? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 1

welcome to the Keystone state!.......everything starts at PIAA.org. .....get registered and they will send you your study materials and the schedule for the next test date...(Feb usually)...... plenty of PIAA chapters to affiliate with once you are licensed........sure one of our members knows some one local to you to assist,.......unfortunately I'm on the W. Pa side 

• Like 1

Welcome to area.  I'm a member of the BUA.   Hope to see at the upcoming meeting.

As for PIAA, The next test is set for Feb 2nd.  Get your paperwork in early as they send out a rulebook out with your signup fee.  Or at least they did for me a few years ago.  First preseason games are 3/11/15 so after you pass make sure you work quick on getting those clearances.  I remember my federal paperwork didn't come back for at least two weeks..  We work two person at all levels for pre and regular season,  If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll do my best.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Federal paperwork?? 

C'mon Brother! Federation - high school! NFHS. I'm studying the rules in anticipation of the test in February. 

Ah..Gotcha. Though maybe Pa. had you guys registering with Obama or something. :sarcasm: .You know, make sure you're in the country legally.... oh, nevermind, I forgot that apparently  doesn't matter anymore.  :fuel:

• Like 2