Keeping track of your games

LMSANS
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5822 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

How do you keep track of your schedule? and payments?

My primary Association uses Arbiter, but that only covers my HS baseball and sofball games. That's about 1/3 or less of all my games.

I also work legion, LL-jr and a couple of adult leagues. And this year I started working with ASA for softball.

Over the years I have developed a multi-tab spreadsheet that tracks my schedule as well as when I get paid and who I worked with. I also started tracking my mileage by game.

I have a summary sheet that shows me by year/sport/league/level how many games I worked and gives me a total $ fiure for the year.

I keep my actual schedule of games and meetings in MS Outlook which interfaces with my cell phone so I always have my schedule with me.

With this set up I have been able to:

• track who is a "late payer"
  • track how many games I've done for a particular school or disctrict
  • Correct my assigners bill/Arbiter for cancelled games
  • give my accountant accurate mileage figures

There's probably more but thats all I can think of right now.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry,

You sound ultra organized. My efficiency consultant would probably love your system. Thankfully all the games I'm assigned come in through Arbiter. I carry in my car a 3 ring binder. The first section is all of the contact info for all of the umpires in my association, plus when I'm scheduled to work with someone I program them in my cell. The second tab is a rules summary for each league (we support 18 leagues with 14 rules subsets). The third section is printouts from Arbiter of the individual game info.

I place a check mark on the top right corner for each game when I receive payment.

The other 2/3 of the page I use to record notes on the game; ejections, situations, where I did something well, where I screwed up. I don't mark who won or lost or the score, just things I need to know.