Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6353 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Me again. I have read my 08 LL book many times before taking the field as I am new to the LL program... last night I found out the hard way that the count of 1 pitch on the 08 book to restrict F1 from becoming F2 was changed to 41 pitches in 09, just wondering, as I have a game tonight, if there are any other notable changes I should be aware of before I read my new shiny 09 book this weekend? thanks, 1 (sorry for all the petty questions but LL plays very differently than FED:))

  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Yes. All bats must now be marked "BPF 1.15". The number can be equal to or lower than 1.15 but it can't be higher. If this is not printed on the bat, it cannot be used in the game (except for the list of bats that are excepted which is probably on Little League's website somewhere. They emailed the list to me so I don't know where to find it).

Also, if you do juniors, the bats can no longer be 2 3/4 in diameter, they must be 2 5/8 in diameter or less.

Posted

Here's the documents with just the changes for 2009. Both baseball/softball and for tournament play.

CHANGES/UPDATES TO THE LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL®

RULES AND REGULATIONS – 2009

CHANGES/UPDATES TO THE LITTLE LEAGUE SOFTBALL®

RULES AND REGULATIONS – 2009

CHANGES/UPDATES TO THE LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL®

TOURNAMENT RULES AND GUIDELINES – 2009

CHANGES/UPDATES TO THE LITTLE LEAGUE SOFTBALL®

TOURNAMENT RULES AND GUIDELINES – 2009

Posted

Yes. All bats must now be marked "BPF 1.15". The number can be equal to or lower than 1.15 but it can't be higher. If this is not printed on the bat, it cannot be used in the game (except for the list of bats that are excepted which is probably on Little League's website somewhere. They emailed the list to me so I don't know where to find it).

Also, if you do juniors, the bats can no longer be 2 3/4 in diameter, they must be 2 5/8 in diameter or less.

Oddly enough, in a fluke in the way this year's rules were written, there's no BPF nor BESR rating necessary in the Junior division.

Majors & below, BPF as you mentioned

Senior & above, BESR

Junior - Length & width only

Weird! I think LL screwed up when they re-wrote the rules

Posted

Oddly enough, in a fluke in the way this year's rules were written, there's no BPF nor BESR rating necessary in the Junior division.

Majors & below, BPF as you mentioned

Senior & above, BESR

Junior - Length & width only

Weird! I think LL screwed up when they re-wrote the rules

There is no BESR requirement for juniors because the bats do not have to have a -3 ratio. As for there being no BPF requirement above majors. I don't know why.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

They all speak the truth....I like the new rule that a pitcher can catch before he throws 41 pitches...last years rule sucked....

They also have new pitching rules which the umpire does not have to deal with...the league had to pick option A or option B as far as their pitching rules.


×
×
  • Create New...