Thrown Ball Hits Umpire

Shawn0331
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1181 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

So bored I was watching old high school baseball games so I can learn from other umpires.  Learn what to do and what not to do.  I thought this video was interesting for two reasons.  1.)  The fair call was not very emphatic especially for a ball that was really close to the line.  2.) U1 turned his back to the ball.  Had he stayed chest to ball and let the throw turn him it would have avoided him being hit and likely no run would have scored.  Always a good reminder to see it happen to someone else if it keeps it from happening to you in the future 

Edited by Shawn0331
spelling

56 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Do you have a web link for the play? Otherwise we would have to download the file. And some of us won't want to do that.

As for a thrown ball hitting an umpire. As a newer umpire, what do you have? 

No sorry I don't have the link anymore. It was inside of a high school baseball game from 2014 I think.  I can try and find it but don't hold your breath.  And on this play I have nothing.  Umpire hit by a thrown ball is live and in play.  

• Like 1