Scorebook

StrikeToWin
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3292 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

OK,  I worked a game the other night with a team coached by the president of the board.  Rules are USSSA age division is HS.  After the game, I asked the home team (president of the boards team) what they had for score and they had it tied (league games can end in a tie) and the visiting team showed 5-4.  In our league, home book is official so I asked to see the book to verify the score since they didn't match.  He replied that they didn't keep a book but since they were home team and official score then they were correct.  I told him I was going with the visiting team's book since they could show me and he said I was wrong that they were the official score even though they did not have a book and they were not required to keep one either but were still official.  I told him he could bring it up before the board and walked away.  Why does this crap even come up?

The app for score keeping that a majority of the leagues here use is called GameChanger  .  I've been using it for all of my teams that I play on and the teams I coach.  It is one of the best tools any team can have.  Keeps pitch counts and its really easy to use.  We used to use it on our Android phones and tablet, but then they dropped Android and went strictly iphone/iPads.  We tried other score keeping apps and nothing measured up to GC, so I went and bought an iPad just so we could use it for baseball/basketball.  Its better than keeping the paper book and it calculates every stat imaginable including batters spray charts and tendencies. The best part is that it is FREE for coaches and teams to use.  I don't trust people using the book anymore.

The app for score keeping that a majority of the leagues here use is called GameChanger  .  I've been using it for all of my teams that I play on and the teams I coach.  It is one of the best tools any team can have. ...

...  I don't trust people using the book anymore.

New TV show on FOX, "Hacking our way to Williamsport"

It is about a unscrupulous little league parent with mad computer skills who hacks into the cell phones/tablets of opponents scorekeepers. This bad news bear parent keeps his kid's team winning with the altered scorekeeping and they make it to the Little League Word Series.

If you don't have it written on paper, our tournament director won't even consider a score protest.

• Like 2

The app for score keeping that a majority of the leagues here use is called GameChanger  .  I've been using it for all of my teams that I play on and the teams I coach.  It is one of the best tools any team can have.  Keeps pitch counts and its really easy to use.  We used to use it on our Android phones and tablet, but then they dropped Android and went strictly iphone/iPads.  We tried other score keeping apps and nothing measured up to GC, so I went and bought an iPad just so we could use it for baseball/basketball.  Its better than keeping the paper book and it calculates every stat imaginable including batters spray charts and tendencies. The best part is that it is FREE for coaches and teams to use.  I don't trust people using the book anymore.

​then you just didn't have a quality scorekeeper