Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4238 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

MLB announced changes to pace of game and instant replay review for 2015 designed to cut down on game times. For the upcoming season, Major League Baseball's Pace of Game and Instant Replay Committees—with the approval of the MLB Players Association and World Umpires Association—announced the...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

What I don't understand is why no mention of enforcing 8.04?

 

Will we actually see an MLB batter take a called strike one , shake his head, stroll out of the box and have PU ring up strike 2?? I'll believe that when I see it. 

Posted

What I don't understand is why no mention of enforcing 8.04?

 

Will we actually see an MLB batter take a called strike one , shake his head, stroll out of the box and have PU ring up strike 2?? I'll believe that when I see it. 

 

No, I doubt it. I believe that MLB would rather see a fine enforced than a strike. If they enforced the strike rule, could you imagine the calls that "the umpires are making themselves part of the game!"? 

Posted

 

What I don't understand is why no mention of enforcing 8.04?

 

Will we actually see an MLB batter take a called strike one , shake his head, stroll out of the box and have PU ring up strike 2?? I'll believe that when I see it. 

 

No, I doubt it. I believe that MLB would rather see a fine enforced than a strike. If they enforced the strike rule, could you imagine the calls that "the umpires are making themselves part of the game!"? 

 

I did hear something about a fine system. Wasn't sure if that was for the batter's box rule or just for nor eing ready when the "commercial clock" runs down. 


×
×
  • Create New...