Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4401 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ironically, the two guys who are on the replay headsets are the guys that, IMHO, need to step aside and let a couple younger bucks step up.  #41 & #61

  • Like 1
Posted

1. The Cardinals' announcers on TV have to be the worst in MLB. Dan McLaughlin is a complete douche nozzle. He's a paid cheerleader and Hrabosky is clueless. 

 

2. I'm not sure how Meals missed that. 

  • Like 3
Posted

1. The Cardinals' announcers on TV have to be the worst in MLB. Dan McLaughlin is a complete douche nozzle. He's a paid cheerleader and Hrabosky is clueless. 

 

2. I'm not sure how Meals missed that. 

He must have blinked at the wrong moment.

  • Like 1
Posted

Ironically, the two guys who are on the replay headsets are the guys that, IMHO, need to step aside and let a couple younger bucks step up.  #41 & #61

Maybe you could take their place!

Posted

This brings me back to Jerry Meals' call in the Pirates game.  I still don't think that was blown...

....was that before, or after Meals admitted he kicked it???

Posted

That was before he admitted it, but I got the feeling he was pressured into "admitting" he was wrong by MLB.  If he had called him safe and they had replay review back then, I'm not convinced it would be overturned.  I remember people saying at the time that if they had applied NFL replay requirements (because MLB ones didn't exist), it would have been impossible to overturn...

×
×
  • Create New...