Pads

rjt6
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3584 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

My son was given a pair during Spring Training in March by MLB guy and they were black.  He has taken some good shots on them and liked their performance.  He was told they were available in tan as well but at that time those were the only colors he knew of.  I got to wear them a game when he was home before his season started.  Very similar to TW's I thought but I didn't get headcracked so can't personally compare to TW's or Wilson wraps.

He is employed by PBUC.  Did Spring / Xtd spring in Bradenton / Clearwater.  Started last year in GCL then promoted to Appy.  Started Appy 6/19 & is being promoted Monday to Midwest League.  Wife & I were all set to travel next week to see his games @ Greenville, TN Astros complex with free lodging & all w/relatives.  Having to scramble our plans now to see him in Ft. Wayne, IN next weekend.  pretty exciting time for him.

• Like 2

He went to TUS in it's 2nd class in Jan, 2013.  Turned out to be a great decision for him.  He has always had that "it" factor & he had a lot of great mentors here in Memphis who helped him and supported him along the way.  He was fortunate to get to call a lot of top notch HS ball in or area in the 3 years before he went to TUS.  Began umping right after he finished HS playing days.