Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4914 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was asked yesterday a question that I don't know the answer to. No better place than here to get it -

Apparently there is going to be a new AAU program in our area. From what I can tell it is on 90' diamond and I believe he said it was U13.

I was asked what rule standard they use. Do they have their own set of rules or do they follow one of the standards?

Are there any special rules or safety rules.

Thanks for your help guys.

  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I believe they use FED rules with some mods. But I heard they are going OBR at some point.

Posted

I believe they use FED rules with some mods. But I heard they are going OBR at some point.

Thanks Jax - I found the Fed thing (after your nudge to get me started in the right direction), but didn't really find any special rules.

Posted

I'm not 100% sure as I have not called AAU, but the mods will probably be around # of innings as well as allowing for different bats (and perhaps some other minor stuff).  Most of the leagues I do that use "modified" FED rules allow -5 bats and will shorten games to 6 innings for younger kids.  Also there may be some pitching restrictions (# innings) to protect the younger pitchers,

Posted

I attended a New England AAU umpire clinic this winter and we are going with the High School rules of the state that the game is being played in, with some modification such as mercy rules, time limits and DH/EP usage. 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I amend my previous statement, in New England at least we are going with OBR now with the above listed changes.

Posted

I amend my previous statement, in New England at least we are going with OBR now with the above listed changes.

 

 

ALL of New England or just Mass? Isn't Mass the only state that uses OBR rather than FED?

Posted

I got a mass email this morning from Rob Healey reminding everyone on the New England AAU Arbiter account of the rules for this year which states "We are playing MLB Playing rules with the NEAAU additions".

 

I don't know if we are the only state that uses OBR rather than FED for HS but it is true that we don't use FED.  Actually other than from this site I wouldn't know FED exists.


×
×
  • Create New...