Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5126 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Worked my normal 2 Adult Ball games today.

Had dish for first game which was Major Wood Bat Division.

Game ended 3-0 visitors.

Funny part was in the first couple innings I was being asked if my strike button was stuck.

Almost every pitch from both sides was a strike.

I started thinking to myself and damn these guys were throwing and I was ringing them up when they didn't swing or they where swinging and missing the third strike.

In the 7th inning I asked one of the teams how may strike outs there had been in the game?

He replied very quickly 21.

13 against them and 8 against us.

He had been keeping a running total apparently.

Well after a full nine innings in a 3-0 shut out the KO total was 25!!!!!!

25 of 54 outs on Strike outs.

I also had rotated up to 3B for two plays that I called both runners out on.

Also had two plays at the plate for two outs.

So I was involved in 29 of the 54 outs and my partner didn't even have a call that was close in any way shape or form.

He had a easy day on the Bases and I had a Great Day of the Plate.

Days like this are so fun :meditation:

  • Like 1
Posted

Worked my normal 2 Adult Ball games today.

Had dish for first game which was Major Wood Bat Division.

Game ended 3-0 visitors.

Funny part was in the first couple innings I was being asked if my strike button was stuck.

Almost every pitch from both sides was a strike.

I started thinking to myself and damn these guys were throwing and I was ringing them up when they didn't swing or they where swinging and missing the third strike.

In the 7th inning I asked one of the teams how may strike outs there had been in the game?

He replied very quickly 21.

13 against them and 8 against us.

He had been keeping a running total apparently.

Well after a full nine innings in a 3-0 shut out the KO total was 25!!!!!!

25 of 54 outs on Strike outs.

I also had rotated up to 3B for two plays that I called both runners out on.

Also had two plays at the plate for two outs.

So I was involved in 29 of the 54 outs and my partner didn't even have a call that was close in any way shape or form.

He had a easy day on the Bases and I had a Great Day of the Plate.

Days like this are so fun :meditation:

You know that this means your due for a 22-18 3.5 hr slugfest soon.

×
×
  • Create New...