Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5181 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

What is it with the LL presidents or whoever runs the Wilton Little League. An all-star game no less. Great example of a coach in this league. Why is he allowed to coach at all? I guess he is a saint and a pillar of the community in Wilton. Where are the leaders of the Wilton League, or is this their leader. Really shows a great league to be in and great example for the kids.

http://deadspin.com/...nt-stop-arguing

http://oxford-ct.pat..._video-10755127

if they did not do anything, why have disciplinary actions been levied against the coaches.

http://www.thehour.c...3b44704032.html

In any LL game I have ever seen, if the teams just play ball and accept all the calls (good and bad) without any reaction and coaches just coach the kids and never say a word to the umpires, I have never seen an altercation started by either party, coaches or umpires.

What happened to the LL pledge said before the game or season for coaches, players and fans. Guess it is just a bunch of words. Guess they don't mean anything, to anyone, anymore.

Anyone else got a little insight. Here is someone who wrote in about a little history earlier in the year, apparently with these same 2 coaches

""There are 2 things important to note here.

First, the video does not show the first horrible coach and his horrible behavior which had already led to his been ejected from the game.

Second, both these 2 coaches had a similarly horrible conduct during a regular season game. In fact the 2 coaches sent around an apology email back May 26th from that regular season game horrific incident saying "Believe us when we tell you that scenario will NEVER be played out in front of your children again or anywhere else."

I would want to understand the backgrounds of the coaches involved. How were these people allowed to do this twice to kids? What is wrong with Wilton Baseball? The mistake made - was in letting these people conduct themselves so horribly so many times.

I totally disagree with the defenders of these coaches. You may like them personally - but at a minimum, they are horrible role models for kids, embarrassing and clearly can't even keep their word to keep their terrible behavior under control for even a couple of months.

Embarrassed for Wilton doesn't even begin. We should be ashamed. We knew it- and still sent these coaches out there.""

Where are the leaders of this league??? When are they going to lead??????? When do they resign.

Verification of ejection of first (HC) coach in this article that the lady mentioned above.

http://blog.ctnews.c...-coachs-tirade/

Take a look at this video with a parent commenting at her home.

http://www.nbcconnec...-163777966.html

A lot of great life leason's being taught by the coaches here. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. If you don't get what you want, whine and cry and blamed others. Harass, badger, intimidate people into submission. Win at all costs and then blame when you lose. Yes, great lessons learned here at the LL level. Has Williamsport called yet with some replacement league leaders and classes about what the LL pledge means?

Got to love it. Here are the Wilton LL rules. Yes sir re buddy. Read about sportsmanship, etc in this pdf file for Wilton. page 3, 8, and 19. Guess those pages are not read.

WLL Rules

Where else is this happening and we don't read about it.

  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Hmmm, I don't have much to say here. I am forced to assume a lot of things reading all the attached articles and watching a 30 second clip of a video.

I also must assume the game was forfeited due to the AC and HC being tossed? In all my years I have never had an instance where I walk off the field and call a forfeit.

I have had on rare occasion to ask for help from a TD to escort a coach to his car.

But to respond to this post based on what I am seeing reading would be impossible.

Posted

so the pot-bellied coaches get a 1 game suspension and the umpire gets a total ban....now the ump pay have done some wrong things too, we don't know. But when the commissioner/league official starts talking about complaining to the head umpire not only about conduct but also on-field calls...well, I have a sneaky suspicion that, just maybe, he's not coming at this fully objectively. Call it a hunch.


×
×
  • Create New...