Shock doctor titanium cup

Welpe
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4297 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Working the plate tonight, I took a hard foul ball from the bat, to the ground and then it smashed square right into my cup.

I didn't even see it go up, I was so focused on staying locked in. Time and space seemed to stop as I was transported into another dimension.

I felt a lot of pressure and then panic as I think my boys retreated into my stomach. I don't remember a sound but there must have been a terrific one because the crowd all gasped and then got real quiet while I dropped to a low crouch.

Fortunately the F2 gave me plenty of time to gather my thoughts, decide I wasn't in any pain and then get up.

Shock Doctor titanium cup, I salute you! Best $25 I've ever spent.

With the Nutty Buddy you would not dropped to a low crouch!

So you say. The shot was so hard that it was a psychological respone more than anything else. I wasn't in any pain but it took me a few moments to realize that. This is without a doubt the hardest cup shot I've ever taken in my 20 years as a catcher or umpire.

The Shock Doctor is tried and true and I have no reason to use anything else.

With the Nutty Buddy you would not dropped to a low crouch!

So you say. The shot was so hard that it was a psychological respone more than anything else. I wasn't in any pain but it took me a few moments to realize that. This is without a doubt the hardest cup shot I've ever taken in my 20 years as a catcher, umpire or both.

Absolutely! As long as the "boys" are safe!!!!

• Like 1

Even if it didn't hurt, there is nothing wrong with garnering a little sympathy. :-)

Jimmy Dugan: Evelyn, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?

Evelyn Gardner: Well, I'm a Peach.

Jimmy Dugan: Well I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead. You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you. Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your ass.

[Evelyn starts to cry]

Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!

Doris Murphy: Why don't you give her a break, Jimmy...

Jimmy Dugan: Oh, you zip it, Doris! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigSH*#. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?

Evelyn Gardner: No, no, no.

Jimmy Dugan: Yeah! NO. And do you know why?

Evelyn Gardner: No...

Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying!