On a knee

csabo17
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4329 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

At reds game last week the homplate umpire was on one knee all night for his stance. Anyone seen this before? I tried it in the last inning of a 14u game Monday night and it was actually comfortable and I saw the ball really well. I dont think im comfortable enough to do it during the prospect games I do Wed-Sunday but was thinking on the 4th game when im dog tired i might give it a try.

Thoughts? Anyone use this stance?

Only works in 4 man with minimal rotation. 2 man HP has to bust a$$ to get in pposition. Probably slow you down. CWS HP has been on knee. Again, 4 man.

I had a partner in a tourney who went on one knee as his stance in 2 man... SHOCKER! He didn't know the simpliest of rotations and left all the bases calls to me and all the plate calls to him.

Also when he would change sides of the dish to accomodate a change in batters handedness from the last batter, he would get on both knees, litteraly crawl on his knees to the other side of the catcher and prop up on the other knee. :wow::no:

His strike three call was like a youtube clip too... "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..." while moving his right arm like a snake, and then "trike three!" with a karate chop of his right arm with his left hand. -_-

I just used it for a whole game. I loved it. Partner said I looked good in the stance. No problems getting up and moving around. I think ive found a new stance.

My major comcern is being a shorter guy if I was to get behind a taller catcher it might present some problems. But today I stayed in the slot all day and my partner said I had my most consistent game of the summer.