Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5204 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

So sunday after our last game we go watch Cincy and Detroit. For the first time we sat left field front row. So after sitting through bp and a few innings I need to pee and pay $9 for a beer.

Now while im gone i hear/see a homerun. When I get back my three buddys are raising hell with me and laughing. Come to find out the ball hit dead center of my empty seat. Would of hit me in the chest had i been sitting there.

So shortly after all phones start ringing and its everyones family telling them they just saw them on espn fighting for the hr ball. Everyones except mine. The dumbasses did manage to knock each other out of picking the ball up so at least i didnt have to sit and look at the ball all night.

  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I had a foul roll under my seat once at the Astrodome. closest I've ever come.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Closest I came to a game ball was when I was a kid. We were sitting behind home plate many rows back at the Oakland Coliseum (when it was actually called that). Kirby Puckett fouled one back, which nailed my mom in the thigh and bounced into the row behind us into the lap of an unsuspecting lady. With my eyes as wide as dinner saucers and my mom in a ton of pain, my dad was quite beside himself. My mom said later she had half the heart to snatch the ball out of the lady's hand.

A few years ago when the Giants were in town in Houston, my wife caught a practice ball hit out during BP.


×
×
  • Create New...