Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5578 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I had to repair my Spot Bilt plate shoes several months ago because the metatarsel plate ripped off of the toe of the shoe. At the time, I used Shoe Goo and it worked pretty well but it started to come off again. I spent some time this weekend dealing with it and got most of the shoe goo off of the bonded surfaces and decided to try another kind of glue. One of the problems with the shoe goo was that it takes 24-48 hours to dry completely. So far, I am very happy with what I chose. It was this one:

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/4/3/sg_ug_cntrl/overview/Loctite-Super-Glue-ULTRA-Gel-Control.htm

It set up in about 5 minutes and it appears to be a very strong bond. It is basically rubberized super glue and is supposed to be more durable and shock resistant. Time will tell if this is true. It was under $5 at Home Depot.

  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic


×
×
  • Create New...