Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5416 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Last year during a Fall ball HS Scrimmage.

R2. I'm in C.

I'm standing there with hands on knees watching the pitcher.

All of he sudden he turns to 2nd to pick off the runner. The way he turned looked very strange and it looked like he was going to throw the ball right at me. :eek:

I hit the deck. (I swear it was going to hit me :shakehead: ). So I miss the play at 2nd. :censored:

Well after my partner stopped laughing at me he bailed me out and made the call. No one complained (Maybe because they were all laughing at me) :yippie:

So it ended up well at my expense. :violin:

  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Good one, and no. Not just funny to you! I'm chuckling pretty good here... Maybe the pitcher thought you had too big of a lead... and I hope you didn't let him see you brushing yourself off!! (doesn't just apply to batters getting dusted).

  • 6 months later...

×
×
  • Create New...