Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6342 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have an old old copy of the right call ( LL casebook ), however I understand that it has never been updated, is that correct ?

on top of multiple spelling errors ect.. I noticed on page 8 under 2.0 Definitions of terms, illegally batted ball they have a situation where a batter hits a ball

A) batter hits fair ball while tip of foot is on the plate and heel is touching batters box line.

:HD: Batter hits ball with foot entirely out of batters box

Then under ruling it states that batter is out in both cases.

That is the incorrect ruling for A isn't it or am I just crazy.

  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I have an old old copy of the right call ( LL casebook ), however I understand that it has never been updated, is that correct ?

on top of multiple spelling errors ect.. I noticed on page 8 under 2.0 Definitions of terms, illegally batted ball they have a situation where a batter hits a ball

A) batter hits fair ball while tip of foot is on the plate and heel is touching batters box line.

:HD: Batter hits ball with foot entirely out of batters box

Then under ruling it states that batter is out in both cases.

That is the incorrect ruling for A isn't it or am I just crazy.

In my copy of the right call from 2007, it says:

Play 2-6: Batter hits fair ball while the front of his/her foot is on home plate and his/her heel is on the batter’s box line.

Ruling: Fair ball. Batter is not out. His/her foot is not entirely outside of the batter’s box.

Play 2-7: Batter hits fair or foul ball with his/her foot entirely outside the batter’s box.

Ruling: Batter is declared out. Rule 5.09(d).


×
×
  • Create New...