My partner actually said this....

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3269 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Was doing a 14U game, and the pitcher just couldn't hit the zone for his life, just a bad night for him I guess.  The problem was that after every pitch he would make faces and raise his arms in a shrug and make loud exaggerated sighs.  After about an inning a half  of this behavior going on my partner calls time after yet another pitch in the dirt takes off his mask as he steps out from behind the plate and tells the kid he needs to knock it off with expressions, further my partner says to the kid that he is showing him up and he won't put up with it anymore.  Finally this gem come out. "I don't know what leagues you play in, but those weren't strikes in any of them". Now the HC comes out the mound and starts yelling at my partner "you can't be mean to my pitcher, don't talk to him like that".  A brief exchange occurred between them which ended with the coach yelling "Why don't you just throw me out then", my partner obliged.  Glad I had nothing to do with this whole situation.

Edited by renegadewolf

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days