Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4455 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

 

Hey all,

 

Thanks for the support. I have some good news, even if it makes me feel like a bit of an idiot. I found my car! Turns out that my parking brake released and the car rolled about 1000 feet across the plaza. Never hit anything (missed 2 curbs, 3 trees, a few lampposts, and a drive-thru ATM), no damage, nothing taken, and no one ever reported a runaway vehicle to the police. Moral of the story: neutral + parking brake = runaway Civic. Happy to have it (and all my gear) back.

 

Parts of the story that I would have left out of the telling.

 

 

Some people prefer to be honest, regardless of the embarrassment...Kudos to him for telling the entire story.

Posted

 

 

Hey all,

 

Thanks for the support. I have some good news, even if it makes me feel like a bit of an idiot. I found my car! Turns out that my parking brake released and the car rolled about 1000 feet across the plaza. Never hit anything (missed 2 curbs, 3 trees, a few lampposts, and a drive-thru ATM), no damage, nothing taken, and no one ever reported a runaway vehicle to the police. Moral of the story: neutral + parking brake = runaway Civic. Happy to have it (and all my gear) back.

 

Parts of the story that I would have left out of the telling.

 

Some people prefer to be honest, regardless of the embarrassment...Kudos to him for telling the entire story.

 

Got one.  :wave:  You know the whole story...read only the black part.

Glad Justin and at least 4 others (likes) found humor in my good-natured needling.

×
×
  • Create New...