Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4592 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have been emailing with Tony Letizio at Mask-it for the past couple of days (very nice guy and very helpful by the way), as I have finally gotten my FM25 and am thinking about going for a silver powdercoat. He's told me that they have two colors - a shinier one with flecks and one without flecks - and I'm hoping that a few people have photos of one or both so that I can compare.

 

Thanks for the help!

Posted

Tony sent me one picture of the silver with the flecks. I've also found one picture of the regular silver on here, but I was hoping for a few more. Somebody here has got to have them, right?

 

'>

 

(EDIT: The picture is the one Tony sent me of the mask with flecks.

Posted

Have had no issues at all with the finish. Used the HSM a lot last summer and fall. i use my custom one a lot more than the stock HSM.

 

I sold the Honig's frame to a local guy on UE...@BillKen. Said he took a foul ball off it it and the finish held.

 

I would use mask-it again. I really like the sliver with fleck. If I ever get my FM25ti powder coated that is what I would use.

  • Like 1
Posted

Have had no issues at all with the finish. Used the HSM a lot last summer and fall. i use my custom one a lot more than the stock HSM.

 

I sold the Honig's frame to a local guy on UE...@BillKen. Said he took a foul ball off it it and the finish held.

 

I would use mask-it again. I really like the sliver with fleck. If I ever get my FM25ti powder coated that is what I would use.

I wish you would so that I could see what it looks like! :)

Posted

I might. Not any time soon. I really want to get my Mizuno and Spider done...either charcoal or flat black.

 

I will probably send the FM25Ti in at the same time to save on shipping.

 

But I am having too much fun wearing my Mizuno right now. I have probably called about 8 plates in a row without using my HSM. Gotta be a record for me.

Posted

I've thought about it, and what I'm really worried about is that silver titanium masks look cool but the bars are thinner - I'm afraid that taking a normal steel fm25 and powdercoating it silver will look weird because the bars will be thicker.

×
×
  • Create New...