Belated Hello from Los Angeles

ThomR
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3898 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hello all,

I'm Thom Richardson and I completed my first year as a CBUA, (California Baseball Umpires Association), umpire this past season at the High School level. Before that I coached little league in the local Parks & Rec as well as Pony ball for 20yrs. I served on the Board of Directors for the Mid-Valley Pony league also. I also played hardball until about age 55 in the NABA, (National Adult Baseball Association), and the VABL, (Valley Adult Baseball League).  In those years I was a second baseman & catcher primarily, but as the body started to complain I also played outfield and first base. I am a huge Detroit Tigers fan where I grew up. After leaving the game I couldn't believe how much I missed being on a ball field, so with the help of a co-worker I turned to umpiring which I have found fits the bill perfectly.

I am looking forward to next season and I've found this site extremely helpful what with the more experienced CBUA umpires willing to help and suggest and teach this rookie. I haven't been on this site much but have committed to visiting more often.

Finally, I'd like to thank a few of the 'old hands' in my association for taking me on, teaching me and providing much feedback and help in my new endeavor.  They are:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about not listing the names of those CBUA umpires I'd like to thank.  Computer issue.  The guys are Ralph Escalara, Jeff Sill, Larry Obar, Bryan Rogers, Chris Chegwin, David Rosenberg, Terry Stoller, Joe Oliveri, Kirk West, and many more.  Thank guys!