"Who are you? Jim Joyce?"

buddywilshire
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5091 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Friday night. Second game double header. Three man, I got the third bag. R2 tries to steal third out by ten feet. Easy call, even the third base coach said "That was my fault runner. That wasn't a good spot to be running." All the sudden I hear "That was awful. He was safe from by a mile. Who are you? Jim Joyce?" I did those two on Friday, had a tounry that I did two games with plus a league game on the other side of town that I did one on Saturday and did another legion game last night and I bet I heard some joker make a joke like this at least a half dozen times.

If you are going to make fun of us, at least get your jokes funny.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Before our tournament started, our grounds keeper asked me about it.

"Hey, did you see that call that Jim... uhm, Jim Jim Jim Jim, oh what's his name? Jim Lovell made the other night!?"

James_Lovell.jpg

"Gary, Jim Lovell was an astronaut. Did you mean Jim Joyce?"

We all had a good chuckle.

Before our tournament started, our grounds keeper asked me about it.

"Hey, did you see that call that Jim... uhm, Jim Jim Jim Jim, oh what's his name? Jim Lovell made the other night!?"

James_Lovell.jpg

"Gary, Jim Lovell was an astronaut. Did you mean Jim Joyce?"

We all had a good chuckle.

Now that is funny.

I like this too, "Did you see the call he made?" Nope, I only pay attention to LL games, not the Majors. The real question is coach did you see the HR that Little Jimmy hit over on Main Street last night? What a shot!