Be Professional

cardinalfan
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5084 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I didn't wear plate shoes until last fall when a pitch in a 9U game caught me right on the tip of the big toe. Split it right down the middle, hurt for weeks.

That's why I DO wear steel toed shoes. The kids are short enough that a nicked ball to the metatarsal isn't going to have the angle to break anything (yes it hurts, but not $80 - $110 worth for plate shoes when I'm just a volunteer)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I DO wear steel toed shoes. The kids are short enough that a nicked ball to the metatarsal isn't going to have the angle to break anything (yes it hurts, but not $80 - $110 worth for plate shoes when I'm just a volunteer)

I'm in the same boat as you cato. Black Steel Toed shoes. Haven't been paid for a game yet. When I start receiving money, I will pay some money for good plate shoes.

When I get to the point where I start doing paid games, I'll shell out the $$ for plate shoes and a hard shell CP before I start - protection, protection, protection. But for now, doing 12U LL games, I have been hit a ton and the gear I have is doing what it needs to do.