Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5484 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

A real classic on Saturday at my u14 Fall ball double header.

First game, ...first inning......

Pitch comes high and inside, ...kid pulls his hands in and you hear "ding!" and the ball shoots off towards the dugout towards first base....I'm BU. My partner calls time immediately because the ball is dead regardless of the outcome.

He calls me in ....says "I have a foul ball, you?" I said, .."I have to agree, with the sound, and the reaction of the ball off the bat.."

Partner says "foul", I go to the batter who's standing on first and say, ...foul, that's strike one.....he just trots to back to the plate.

Coaches say nothing. On we go.

Between innings (come to find out it's the kids dad) says ...."you're killing me blue, ...what if it hits his hand and the bat at same time":rolleyes:

Then, the question of the day is from the first base coach next inning: So blue, ...even if he's pulling his hands away, it's still a foul ball?" HUH ???:question1: I smile and give him the example of a kid 'ducking' and leaving his bat in the air and the ball hits his bat ....the coaches eyes lit up ...AHHH ...I see .....

Gotta love Fall Ball!

  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic


×
×
  • Create New...