Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6675 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Yet again I missed the game last night and didn't record it.

As was mentioned earlier I watch for the umpires. While there were some much publicised missed calls in whole they were great.

One thing that stood out to me was Jim Garman's set up behind the plate. You may have noticed him in game 1 of the championship series.

Before I start, I know he is where he is because he is a extaordinary umpire, and I'm not there, but I found his set up perculiar. HE started in the scissors, then dropped to a knee when the pitch was coming in. To me it often seemed that his eye level was below the catchers helmet.

He did a great job behind the plate and had a great zone, so he is obviously seeing them. But if a new guy were starting today he would be eaten alive.

  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic


×
×
  • Create New...