Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4129 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Umping my first district LL game last night (previous assignment was changed), on the bases, and for the first 4 innings, the sun was blazing directly in my eyes, especially in 'A' position, such that I couldn't see a thing. I had the shades on, hat as low as possible, but to no avail, I was picking the ball up mid-flight, guessing by the sound of the bat, and praying that my partner didn't seek help on check swings! I eventually told him in between innings what he already knew, don't look for help from me! 

 

The first AND second basemen both asked me if I could see, stating they couldn't either. At least they had a glove to block the rays! 

Posted

Use your hand like players use their glove. No shame in it. Seeing the ball and making the correct call is way more important than looking cool.

  • Like 9
  • 11 months later...
Posted

Use your hand like players use their glove. No shame in it. Seeing the ball and making the correct call is way more important than looking cool.

Going to have to agree.  But we all know the sun can be our worst enemy

×
×
  • Create New...