Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4510 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Posted

Washington Husky rt. Hand pitcher comes set with shoulders opened wide to 1st base. Game vs Ole miss today. Pivot foot is on rubber in a normal fashion but free foot is exaggerated in its position opening up the pitcher!s shoulders and chest to 1st base. No one mentioned it til he picked r-2 off 2nd base. Ole Miss coach came out to argue. Announcers tried to guess what coach was arguing. I don't think it was the non pivot foot position. I think it was the hands moving before the step back toward 2nd base. I thought the hand movement was ok. So did the announcer

We do not usually listen to announcers but this one seemed knowledgeable. Anyone see the Ole Miss vs Washington Husky game today?

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted

I saw the game in person. From my seat the pick off move in question was odd, but I couldn't tell that it was a balk. It almost looked like in his motion he turned his leg toward 2nd, started the turn back to home, and put his foot down right behind the rubber. There were 4 D-I umpires looking at it and didn't call it. I haven't seen a tv replay. Just because it's odd doesn't mean it's a balk. And, by the way, I am an Ole Miss fan. Glad to be back in the supers. The announcer was Dave Perno, the former coach of the Georgia Bulldogs.

  • 0
Posted

I did not think it was a balk. I had the advantage of slow motion. I would like to know what the Ole Miss coach said to the 2nd base umpire. I think he had issues with the Husky pitcher' upper body motion. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the pick off. Happy for you that you were able to attend the game. Looks and sounds like a great venue . Anthony Bourdain was in Oxford On C.N.N. Sunday night. Great food.

Hope you had a good meal after the game.


×
×
  • Create New...