Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4904 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have my first game since I was 18 (12 years ago -- and even then I did the field in a middle school game once and several games behind the plate and field in 10-12 LL).  I expected the county league I signed up for to give me a call but have only had one I had to turn down because I had a high school game that night I was coaching in.  I haven't gotten a game there, but on Sunday I have been asked to do an adult wooden bat league. 

 

Fortunately, my Wilson West Vest umpiring gear will be here on Saturday.  Unfortunately, my Nutty Buddy nor my new New Balance plate shoes will not be. 

 

I told the assignor I didn't think I was ready for this because I really haven't had any work at getting in position for calls.  He wanted me to do it anyway.  Not sure that is a good sign but it pays $75 for the two games.

  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted

I have my first game since I was 18 (12 years ago -- and even then I did the field in a middle school game once and several games behind the plate and field in 10-12 LL).  I expected the county league I signed up for to give me a call but have only had one I had to turn down because I had a high school game that night I was coaching in.  I haven't gotten a game there, but on Sunday I have been asked to do an adult wooden bat league. 

 

Fortunately, my Wilson West Vest umpiring gear will be here on Saturday.  Unfortunately, my Nutty Buddy nor my new New Balance plate shoes will not be. 

 

I told the assignor I didn't think I was ready for this because I really haven't had any work at getting in position for calls.  He wanted me to do it anyway.  Not sure that is a good sign but it pays $75 for the two games.

Did you mean $75 a game?

$75 for two games would be $37.50 a game for Adult Ball.

That is way under paid!!!!!!!

  • Like 1
Posted

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the craigslist seller said he "updated" with Diamond gear.....

 

I hope Semper is right, I make more than 37.50 a game doing LL. I'd be looking somewhere else if that's the case!

 

Good Luck and don't suck!

Posted

75 for the two games (they are actually scrimmages). There is a time limit of 2 hours. Local LL pays 20 per game.

Posted

75 for the two games (they are actually scrimmages). There is a time limit of 2 hours. Local LL pays 20 per game.

Wow you work cheap.

Posted

HS pays 105 for DH and 95 for a V/JV DH, but I can't work school ball games since I am coaching.   

Posted

HS pays 105 for DH and 95 for a V/JV DH, but I can't work school ball games since I am coaching.   

ours is 105 for V/JV if you work the varsity plate. 100 even if you're the base guy in the varsity. Doubleheaders pay 135 (70 for your plate game and 65 for the base game) MS DH (which is the only way MS is done here) is 70 (35/game) JV alone is 35

Posted

Not a good thing to do (especially for a scrimmage).  Got to get on the bike to learn how to ride it.

 

I told the assignor I didn't think I was ready for this because I really haven't had any work at getting in position for calls.

Posted

I know, but I never expected to do anything above 13-15 (the league I am doing only goest that high). 

 

They asked me to do it not as an umpire but they use our high school field and the coach last year would umpire some of their games... So they asked the new coach and he called me to do it.

×
×
  • Create New...