Jump to content

JohnnyG

Members
  • Posts

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JohnnyG

  1. I am reposting from last year. This is a brand new XL Wilson MLB Pro Gold 2 chest protector. I thought of changing from my Platinum, but ultimately stayed with it. I purchased it for $239 plus tax. I am asking $210 and includes shipping in the US.
  2. I wanted to try a new chest protector so I purchased the Wilson MLB Pro Gold 2 Umpire Chest Protector. I ultimately decided to continue to use my west vest platinum. I only tried this on and have not used. I paid $239 plus tax and I am asking $220 and this includes shipping.
  3. I just saw this post about the NFHS pitching change. We just had our NYS meeting and I specifically asked if a pitcher in the set position can take a “rocker” step with or without runners on. We were told yes even with runners on provided they come set before the “rocker” motion (Ball without runners and Balk with runners if they do not come set). With runners on, once he starts the “rocker” motion he has only one option, deliver the pitch. Has anyone had this same interpretation or different?
  4. I understand a runner abandons their effort to advance on 3rd strike not caught when he enters the dugout, or (with two outs) before all fielders leave the diamond. Is there anything about abandoning the bases? I know there is out of the baseline when there is a play, but what if there is no play and the runner thinks they are out and starts to jog off the infield toward the dugout?
  5. When a starting player is substituted for, can they reenter anytime during the game?
  6. That was my thought and common sense and fair play. I wasn’t sure if there was anything “technically” in the OBR
  7. I believe we have all seen this at every level in one way or another. The situation is that a pitch went behind the batter. The pitched ball hits the bat and goes fair without touching the batter. The umpire calls dead ball (with arms in the air) then seeing the ball goes fair, points fair. The batter runs to first and is called out by the throw from the catcher. Of course, there is confusion from the offensive coach. The plate umpire never asked for help from the base umpire and the final decision was the batter/runner was out at first. I was trying to find something in the OBR about this situation. I believe in NFHS, you have to stick with “Dead ball”. Was the umpires ruling correct? And, what would be the explanation?
  8. I agree it would be easier, but coaches should know how to appeal and I don't want to "coach" them. I don't want them to tell me how to umpire, so I don't tell them how to coach. I know circumstances change if you have a working relationship with a coach, maybe I'm Old School
  9. Thanks for the help. For clarification purposes, in situation 1, if the pitcher does balk then no appeal can be made?
  10. Situation 1-1 out and R2, base hit and R2 misses 3rd and scores, batter advances to 2nd For whatever reason, time is called and and the coach tells the pitcher to get on the rubber and to throw to 3rd when the umpire puts the ball in play. (We know that there can be an verbal appeal while the ball is dead and do not have to put the ball in play) The ball is in play and the pitcher does not properly disengage from the rubber, balk, immediate dead ball (NFHS) we award R2 third (for the balk). Does the defense lose the right to still appeal the missed base? Situation 2-1 out and R3, fly ball to RF ball is caught, but R3 leaves early and scores. The ball is still in play and while having his foot in contact with the rubber, F1 places his pitching on his mouth and distinctly wipes off his pitching hand prior to touching the ball (Illegal pitch-a ball to the batter-NFHS) Can the defense still appeal after an illegal?
×
×
  • Create New...