Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4916 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I will start by saying I blew the call. The baseball Gods were kind because it was 11-1. R-2 only. I am in C and really to deep. I assume he is not stealing trailing 11-1. Assumptions can bite ya in the ass and cause you to look the fool. I would of been buying beer had my partner not brought his wife for dinner after the game. Here we go. R-2.two outs. 10 run mercy rule is one out away.

Catcher attempts a pick off throw to 2nd base. I am in deep C and I take two steps backward while facing the ball and I let the ball take me to the bag expecting a play at 2nd base. R-2 took off for 3rd base as soon as the catcher threw and he realized he was a dead duck. The 2nd baseman fielded the throw and threw a strike to his third baseman. This all happened very fast. I was straight lined. Zero angle. I guessed wrong. The runner was out to end the game but I called safe. Blown call. Of course the runner scored and we played another 30 minutes. My partner was cool about it. I owe him a cold one. I learned a lesson. No more deep C with a runner on second base

  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic


×
×
  • Create New...