Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4951 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am doing a JV game last night. Originally had bases, but partner called earlier in the day asking to switch, no big deal to me, so I agree to switch.

Good pre-game. Game starts with good play, eventually visiting team opens up the scoring and wins 8-0.

I feel like I did not have my best game behind the dish, but felt very consistent. A few close outside calls, I think should have been strikes, I balled, and later in the game ball goes to same spot, I ball it again and tell F2 we have not been there all night, we not starting now. He replies he knows, asks for time and goes to talk to pitcher.

Anyway, game ends, JV coach approaches me, (I am originally thinking, uh oh), but he thanks me, and then goes on to say the Varsity coach was watching and thought it was a great game, good zone and hustle. I thanked him for that, said goodnight and went on to post game.

You just never know who is watching. I guess I am my own worst critic.

  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

By staying consistent you pulled it off.  We are all our own worst critic...or should be...that is what we do to ourselves to continually improve.  The ones that aren't are the ones none of us want to work with.

 

It could have just as easily gone the other way though.  We have all had games where we thought we were right on and you get comments that you were all over the place.  Always consider the source.

 

First games of the year tomorrow!  One dish, one base!  Rain and snow is in the forecast...

×
×
  • Create New...