Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6683 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

However, I am not sure he meant to. I was watching the UNC/FS game. Top of 8th, there was a close play at 2B. BR was called safe by 2B umpire (sorry, don't know his name). Like I said, it was a banger. So in typical tv fashion, the play was slowed down and then slowed down even more, then paused, then shown from a 2nd then 3rd angle, then slowed down again. Low and behold the umpire's call was RIGHT ON! The compliment came as the color man said the umpire gave a 'delayed call'. The play happened...pause...umpire made the call. To me, it was perfect timing. Again, this is a compliment to the umpire, IMO, I am just not sure if that was the intent.

Just something that caught my ear.

Edited by Kyle_Stevens
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic


×
×
  • Create New...